For all manuscripts submitted – JCEM Author recommendations
Aims and Scope
The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism could be the world’s leading peer-reviewed journal for endocrine clinical research and medical training information. Each problem provides up-to-date protection of the latest developments that enhance our knowledge of pathophysiology, diagnosis and remedy for hormonal and metabolic problems. average attributes of unique interest include initial reports of crucial improvements in patient-oriented hormonal and metabolic research, individual views on endocrinologic subjects, medical studies, medical reviews, medical training directions, and situation reports.
- Clinical Research Article
- Case Report
- Letter to your Editor
- Page to your Editor Reaction
- Reports and tips
- Clinical Practice Guideline
- Clinical Practice Guideline Meta-analysis
- Clinical Practice Guideline Systematic Review
- Clinical Practice Guideline Correspondence
- Policy Attitude
- Research Guide
- Scientific Statement
- Consensus Statement
Listed here types of articles, including preprints from recognized repositories, are going to be considered for book:
- Clinical Research Articles are initial, investigative, medical studies predicated on formerly unpublished information. There are not any top or lower word/figure/table limits. All numbers and tables should be initial.
- Situation Reports (not any longer available for distribution after September 1, 2019) are information of an instance that delivers insights in to a condition’s pathogenesis, presentation, or administration. Manuscripts will routinely have 1,200 terms or less, without any significantly more than two numbers, two tables, and ten sources. All numbers and tables needs to be initial.
- Mini-reviews should deal with subjects worth focusing on to medical endocrinologists and endocrine medical investigators, including scholarly updates about the molecular and basis that is biochemical normal physiology and infection states; the advanced in diagnosis and management of hormonal and metabolic disorders; as well as other topics highly relevant to the training of medical endocrinology. An outline describing its contents, and the CVs of all authors involved unless the mini-review is formally invited by the editors or Endocrine Society staff, authors should include a prospectus with a brief narrative of the mini-review’s purpose and scope. These manuscripts can start around 2,000 terms to at the most 5,000 terms. Writers will include a section that is brief the search methods utilized https://essay4you.com/ to have information for the mini-review. In the event that authors opt for formerly posted numbers or tables, they need to stick to the recommendations beneath the Publication Fees area.
- Meta-analyses should concentrate on certain efficacies of diagnostic procedures or remedies. The presented manuscript must be based on an in-depth analytical analysis of data found by an exhaustive search of already posted and appropriate peer-reviewed manuscripts. Submissions with this type must consist of an overview and a statement that is narrative. There are not any restrictions on term count, quantity of numbers, or amount of sources. All numbers and tables should be initial.
Advice and Comment
- Editorials are viewpoint articles because of the journal’s Editor-in-Chief or an associate at work Editor and certainly will typically deal with a policy that is timely of quite high value to endocrinologists. Editorials carry no numbers or tables and also no more than eight sources.
- Commentaries are viewpoint articles invited by the Editor-in-Chief that may examine principles and findings recently introduced in to the clinical record that have actually exemplary interest. They’ve been typically as much as 1,000 words in total, must have a maximum of eight sources, and also have no numbers or tables. Commentaries must not cite work that is unpublished information.
- Perspectives provide a viewpoint that is new policies and usually accepted axioms and techniques in endocrinology that warrant closer assessment according to extremely present newly posted information. They ought to cite relevant literary works and are typically not any longer than 2,400 terms and now have a maximum of 25 sources. Views must not cite work that is unpublished information, and any numbers should provide just general generalizations, perhaps perhaps not brand new information. Numbers should be initial. Views are submitted by invite through the Editor-in-Chief.
- Letters towards the Editor should talk about just articles posted in this log, and get submitted within 2 yrs regarding the article’s publication that is final. Letters must be a maximum of 500 words in total, don’t have any more than eight sources, and should never cite work that is unpublished data. Letters would be posted during the discernment for the Editor-in-Chief. Writers of accepted letters see page proofs before book. Just changes to fix inadvertent/introduced sentence structure and/or spelling inaccuracies are allowed. Regular book charges apply. No numbers or tables are permitted. The name of this page should stick to the structure of “Letter towards the Editor: Title of original essay being Discussed”. When your name maybe not follow this structure, it will be standardised by the publisher.
- Letters into the Editor reactions response to a Letter to Editor at no greater size compared to the letter that is original. Writers whose tasks are talked about in a page to your Editor will typically be invited to offer a reply. If accepted, writers will dsicover web web page proofs before book. Only changes to fix grammar that is inadvertent/introduced spelling inaccuracies are allowed. No numbers or tables are allowed. The title for the format should be followed by the letter of “Response to Letter into the Editor: Title of initial article being Discussed”. When your name maybe maybe not follow this structure, it shall be standardised because of the publisher.
- Reports and suggestions provide a directory of the procedures and conclusions of non-Endocrine community work teams, task forces, as well as other collaboratives. They will be susceptible to peer review and needs to be modifiable responding to criticisms. They truly are typically a maximum of 3,600 words in total. All numbers and tables needs to be initial.
Endocrine Community Statements
- Clinical Practice instructions are produced by an Endocrine Society appointed task force, are proof based, and provide graded medical training tips. They are developed with input from community committees and users.
- Clinical Practice Guideline Meta-analyses are commissioned by the Endocrine Society to supply analyses that are statistical support its Clinical Practice recommendations.
- Clinical Practice Guideline Systematic Reviews are commissioned by the Endocrine Society because of its Clinical Practice recommendations. These reviews address a definite medical concern by collecting and summarizing empirical proof that fits pre-specified eligibility requirements.
- Clinical Practice Guideline Communications are derivatives associated with Society’s Clinical Practice tips that health supplement or touch upon developments when you look at the condition area considering that the right time of book of a Guideline.
- Policy views derive from founded community policy roles and produced by the Advocacy & Public Outreach Core Committee with input through the account.
- Research Guides are produced by an specialist group that is writing input from community committees and account.
- Scientific Statements are developed with a writing team beneath the way of a Endocrine Society appointed seat with the aim of synthesizing research and pinpointing gaps when you look at the clinical literary works. They are developed with input from community committees and people.
- Consensus Statements offer a comprehensive assessment by a professional panel of a clinical or medical problem which could consist of ungraded tips. Submitted by Endocrine Society work teams, other society that is professional teams, task forces, as well as other consortia which include the Endocrine Society.
Usage of Peer Review: All submissions are at the mercy of peer that is external as directed by the log editors, other than (1) Endocrine Society Statements, which are evaluated because of the Endocrine Society and selected outside professionals, and (2) conference abstracts, which, when posted as being health supplement to Journal associated with the Endocrine Society, have already been evaluated by the Endocrine Society’s Annual Meeting Steering Committee.
Concerns? Please direct any relevant concerns to email@example.com.
Publication Costs and Start Access
To learn more about some great benefits of account within the Endocrine Society, please look at the Member pros page associated with Endocrine Society’s internet site.
Web Page Costs
- Endocrine Society users: $99 per PDF web page
- Non-members: $119 per PDF page
- Endocrine Society users: $235 per color figure
- Non-members: $735 per color figure
Optional Upgrade to start Access
Writers have the choice of creating their article start Access if you are paying one more $3,000 for Open Access book, which include A cc-by license, PubMed Central full-text deposit, and free access in the log site.
Discount for Transfers from bioRxiv
If you distribute your manuscript to your Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism using bioRxiv’s Direct Transfer choice (B2J) through Editorial Manager which is accepted for book, you are able to claim a single-use code entitling you to definitely a $250 discount on your own manuscript’s book costs, with the exception of the CC-BY Open Access option, when it is posted in 2019, or even a 10% discount on the manuscript’s publication charges, like the CC-BY Open Access choice, when it is posted in 2020. To claim a price reduction, write Antoinette P. Wrighton at firstname.lastname@example.org.